406–1 Incidents of discrimination and corrective actions taken
Boliden’s commitment to diversity is clearly stated in Boliden’s Diversity Policy, which is a part of Boliden’s Management Manual. Boliden and its employees shall:
• Refrain from all forms of discrimination and harassment on the basis of gender, ethnicity, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or any other factor.
• Always focus on the person’s competence, and disregard topics such as gender, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, or other circumstances.
• Strive to ensure that Boliden is perceived as an equal opportunity employer in every respect described above.
• Support employees in their ambition to achieve a healthy work-life balance.
• Forcefully act against and counter any incidences of discrimination or harassment.
The Diversity Policy states that if an incident of discrimination or harassment should occur, the employee affected shall initially raise the matter with his or her manager and secondarily, with the company’s human resources function, or through the whistle blower function (accessible via the intranet and Boliden’s external website).
10 incidents of discrimination were reported to Boliden during 2018 through the formal grievance mechanisms or the whistle blower function and all incidents were addressed and closed during the reporting period.